Google is an ever-changing machine. Each year, Google makes hundreds to thousands of algorithms changes in order to continue providing searchers the finest relevant results to their queries. In 2022, Google has rolled out around 10-11 back to back major Google Algorithm updates. Continuously changes in the search engine algorithms is the main challenge in 2023 for digital marketers.
The year 2023 holds notable challenges for businesses that depend significantly on customers coming in from organic search results. With the growth of machine learning and AI, SEO is constantly developing. By means of this, SEO Professionals must keep up with the latest trends and tactics. Sometimes keeping up can be onerous, but we have you covered!
Strategies to Stay Unaffected with Continuous Google Algorithms Changes:
1. Don’t stick to the long term SEO Plan
Many people usually plan for 3 months SEO or 6 months SEO in prior. With Google making hundreds to thousands of changes in search each year, and your competitors even more, how can you seriously plan for SEO six months from now?
Making long-term SEO plan is worthless. Create monthly plans and re-evaluate what the website needs after each month!
2. Visual Search is becoming More Prominent
The visitors connect with visuals better because it gives them a better user-experience. Thus, Google is now using more visuals in search results.
Things to Pay Attention To:
- Take care of your images.
- Publish video content.
- Add creative infographics or animated GIFs to your website
3. Stay Up-to-date with Major Google Algorithm Updates
The algorithm changes so frequently that sometimes, they come and go so fast that if you blink, you might miss one! Below are a few tips for staying on top of Google Algorithm Updates.
- Use Google Alerts and other third-party tools like Semrush Sensor, Rank Ranger, Penguin.
- Follow SEO experts like MOZ, John Mueller, and Matt Cutts who are likely to update in case of any significant changes.
- Follow relevant twitter hashtags like #googleupdate and #googlealgorithm
4. Voice Search Optimization
Current statistics show that voice search is becoming more popular. Voice search is 3.7 times faster than text searches. Therefore, quicker searches also mean quicker responses for users.
Voice search is expected to grow even more by 2023. Optimizing your website for voice search means including long-tail keywords and natural language in your content; this will ensure that voice search engines can easily find your content.
Points to Consider:
- Increasing Visibility for Local Search Terms
- Getting more Featured Snippets
- Advanced Schema Markup For SEO (MREIDs Schema) to Optimize for Google Knowledge Graph.
- Optimized Content for Passage Indexing.
5. Universal Analytics Shutting down and GA4 Coming into the role in 2023
Universal Analytics going away on July 1, 2023. And it’s going to get crazy for those who never set up GA4.
Thinks to keep in mind:
- Setup for GA4 before Universal Analytics shuts down(To keep records of your UA data)
6. Focus on Technical SEO
Google wants to give users a good and friendly experience, so it is becoming more crucial to ensure your site works well on a technical level.
The solution is to set up a system where your site is constantly monitored and doing good on technical terms.
Things To Pay Attention To:
- Your Site Health.
- Your SEO Approach.
- The algorithms you are specifically targeting.
7. Avoid AI-Generated Writing as Spam
Nowadays, AI is used in virtually every business, and marketing is no exception. From content optimization to link building and keyword research, Machine Learning and AI Tools are widely used in SEO. Marketers use AI-powered SEO tools to create different anchor texts, discover alternative keywords, produce things like title tags, subheads, and other pieces of material that authors can edit, improve, and expand upon.
In August 2022, Google released helpful content update to ensure people see more original, helpful content written by people, for people, in search results, the first impression was this was targeting AI content tools.
After August 2022, according to the search engine’s webmaster guidelines, Google’s Search Advocate, John Mueller, content automatically generated with AI writing tools is considered spam.
Things to Consider:
- The only way to guarantee that your content will be well-received is to ensure that your content is never losing the human touch.
- Avoid relying too heavily on AI. When creating content, try to use other tools, such as actual data, competitors, or social listening. You can also PAA, Answer The Public or the SERP features, which display the most frequently asked questions and needs about any topic.
8. Zero-Click Searches Increasing
A zero-click search happens when a searcher performs a search on Google but doesn’t click on a link that takes them outside of Google.
In just a span of 1 year, you can clearly see a jump of 14.49% in zero-click search results:
- In 2019:49% of all Google searches are no-click
- In 2020:Zero-click Google searches rose to nearly 65%
Things to Consider:
- Keep an eye out for the keywords that display in the SERP for zero-click searches. Once you have identified the potential keywords that have zero-click search features then you can create a content strategy to help target those features.
- Optimize your web pages that are already ranked for Keywords with SERP Features.
9. Content Calendars Are Crucial
You must take into account what you will post shortly if you want to rank well in search results. The majority of executives weren’t ready for the amount of content the pandemic created.
Planning and arranging your content will be much more crucial. In particular, you should aim to post the most important and recent information at the top of your schedule if you want to rank well in search results. In your search results, this content will then appear as natural as possible.
10. User Experience Is Critical
There are numerous companies available for online users to choose from; thus, having a great user experience is crucial. For a better user experience, the webpages of your website shouldn’t take too long to load, the site’s navigation and design shouldn’t be non-intuitive, and the content should tell them what they need to know. Because the end customer is the one you want to purchase your products or services from, you must code and design keeping the end user in mind.
SEO has evolved significantly in recent years. It’s no longer enough to have a website and rank for keywords. The Google algorithm is much more sophisticated than it used to be, and how businesses use SEO tactics has evolved in response. If you want to stay at the top of search results, you must understand current SEO trends and how they affect your marketing strategies.
If you want to better your SEO, you should follow the above-mentioned strategies. With the proper knowledge and resources, you can quickly get ready for upcoming changes. I hope this article helps you start your journey to SEO success in 2023!
Share This Post :